Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun


It's already been over a year since I left on my flight to London, England for a semester abroad. I can still remember trying to figure out how I could possibly fit 6 months worth of stuff into only two suitcases and my carry-ons. To this day, I can vividly recall all the different questions and concerns I had - anything from what to bring, what to expect, traveling, and all the other unique insider advice that only a true study abroader would know.

When the date had finally arrived for my departure on New Years Eve, I was filled with a mix of emotions...both anxious and excited all at the same time. There were so many unknowns that I wish someone had filled me in on ahead of time.

So here I am, back at Quinnipiac for my last semester of college, changed for the better upon returning home last Spring. I learned the ins and outs of one of the largest cities in the world, but also gained that knowledge to questions I didn't have before.

I hope with this blog that I can share my experiences and any helpful tips that I learned along the way. Studying abroad is an exciting time, but can be overwhelming. Expect to find suggestions from beginning to end - how to apply for a passport to return culture shock upon coming back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment